Our Honeoye Community Gazebo is home to many community events. Plantings are maintained courtesy of the Lake Country Garden Club volunteers. The gazebo was refinished by volunteers from the Honeoye American Legion Post.
Town Hall Hours
Mon - Fri 9 am - 4 pm
Thurs 9 am - 7 pm*
Saturday 9 am - Noon
Closed on holidays
*The Richmond Town Clerk's Office will be open from 1 pm to 7 pm on Thursdays during the month of October 2016.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING UPON PRELIMINARY BUDGET
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the
Preliminary Budget of the Town of Richmond, for the fiscal year beginning
January 1, 2017, has been completed and filed in the Office of the Town Clerk,
8690 Main Street, where it is available for inspection by any interested
persons, during regular Town Clerk hours.
FURTHER, notice is
hereby given, that the Town Board of the Town of Richmond will meet and review
said Preliminary Budget and hold a Public Hearing at the Town Hall at 7 pm on Tuesday, October 25, 2016. At
the public hearing, any person may be heard in favor of or against any item or
items therein contained.
PURSUANT to Town
Law, the proposed salaries are hereby specified as follows:
Town Council (4), $3,078.50 Each
Town Clerk/Tax Collector, $45,290
Town Justice (2), $13,128.50 Each
Superintendent of Highways, $63,281
By Order of the Richmond Town Board, Linda A. Grace, Town
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
The November Board Meeting for the Town of Richmond will be held on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 7:00 pm instead of Tuesday, November 8, 2016 due to Election Day. Meetings are held at the Richmond Town Hall, 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, NY 14471.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Town Board of the Town of Richmond seeks to amend the Official Map of the Town to designate certain sections of Ace Road, Dugan Road, Cross Road, Old US 20A, Cole Road and Old West Lake Road as Town Highways. A public hearing upon proposed said Local Law has been
scheduled for the 15th day of November, 2016, at 7:00 PM, to be held at
the Richmond Town Hall at 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, NY. View the full notice.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a proposed Local Law is under consideration by the Town Board of the Town of Richmond, NY, to amend the Richmond Town Code at Part II, "General Legislation," Chapter 178 "Taxation" to add "Article VI. Partial Exemption for Disabled Persons with Limited Income" to authorize the grant of a partial exemption from municipal real property taxes to qualified resident-applicants who are disabled in conformity with Section 459-c of Real Property Tax Law, as emended. A public hearing upon proposed said Local Law has been scheduled for the 15th day of November, 2016, at 7:00 PM, to be held at the Richmond Town Hall at 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, NY. View the full notice.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a proposed Local Law is under consideration by the Town Board of the Town of Richmond, New York, to repeal a section of the Richmond Town Code at Part II, "General Legislation," Chapter 168 "Solid Waste," Article II "Refuse Collectors." A public hearing upon proposed said Local Law has been scheduled for the 15th day of November, 2016, at 7:00 PM, to be held at the Richmond Town Hall at 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, NY. View the full notice.
On October 11, 2016, the Richmond Town Board adopted a bond resolution authorizing the financing of capital improvements to Pinewood Hill Road. View the resolution.
Board Openings & Employment
The Town of Richmond is accepting applications for the following Open Positions:
- Zoning Board of Appeals Member / 5-year term
- Alternate Zoning Board Member / 5-year term
- Planning Board Member / 5-year term
- Ethics Committee Alternate / 3-year term
Please submit letters of interest to:
Richmond Town Clerk
P.O. Box 145
Or by email to: tcrich2@gmailcom
- Join the Ontario County Soil & Water Conservation District for a Honeoye Inlet Restoration Project planting event on Tuesday, October 25th at 9 am. Come and see the new stream channel created to help reduce sediment and pollutants from entering Honeoye Lake, and lend a hand. View more event info.
- The fitness room at Honeoye Central School reopened on September 26, 2016. The room is available for use by adults in the community, 18 years and older, Monday through Thursday, 5:30 to 8 pm. Visit the Richmond Recreation page for more info on cost and schedule. Information on community aerobics programming is also available on this page.
- Construction of the East Lake Road water district extension began on Monday, June 16th. For more information, visit the project page or view the project press release.
Are you a senior 60 years or older? Enjoy lunch and friendship at the Community Dining Program, every Tuesday and Thursday at noon at the United Church of Christ. Sponsored by the Ontario County Office for the Aging, this program offers hot, nutritious meals in a community setting at no cost to seniors. Job seekers: Ontario County Human Resources is currently in search of a part-time food site aide to assist with serving meals and monitoring the program. Learn more about the program, view the current menu or download the job opening notice.
- Do you have a stream on your property? You may be eligible for free trees and shrubs through the Genesee River Basin Trees for Tribs Program. By encouraging residents in the Honeoye Creek subwatershed to plant new vegetation, the program helps to prevent erosion; filter sediment before runoff enters streams; and protect fish and wildlife. Learn more and apply for free trees.
The Honeoye-Richmond Historical Society Museum, located at the rear of the Town Hall, is currently open to the public the first Saturday of each month, from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Summer hours begin in May. For information on scheduling a tour or requesting historical records, visit the Historian's page.
Quick Click Information
Community Bulletin Board - Public Services & Events
Project Information (Water & Natural Gas Service)
Ontario County Soil & Water Conservation District Newsletter
Well Water Testing Program for Ontario County Residents
2017 Preliminary Town Budget
2016 Adopted Town Budget
2016 Tax Warrant
2016 Final Tax Assessment Roll
Annual Financial Report Fiscal Year 2015
NYS Property Tax Assessment Grievance Forms
Ethics Committee Resource Listing for Residents
Town Building Code
Richmond Brush Pit Hours & Policies
Community Fitness & Recreation Programs