TOWN OF RICHMOND
Updated Specs. at Bottom of Page 1/26/2013
In Re: The Shelter Road Water District Extension No. 1
Town of Richmond, Ontario County New York
ORDER AND NOTICE OF PUBIC HEARING
At a special meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Richmond, held at the Town Hall, 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, New York 14471, on October 18, 2011, the following Order and Notice of Public Hearing was offered by Councilman Barnhoorn who moved its adoption, seconded by Councilman Gendreau.
WHEREAS, the Town Board of the Town of Richmond, (“Town Board”) has appropriated funds to compensate Chatfield Engineers, P.C., for the preparation of a map, plans and report for the extension of The Shelter Road Water District along East Lake Road in said Town, to be known as The Shelter Road Water District Extension No. 1 to serve a portion of the Town of Richmond (“Extension”); and
WHEREAS, the map, plans and report were prepared by Chatfield Engineers, P.C., 2800 Dewey Avenue, Rochester, New York 14616, and said map, plans and report were duly filed with the Town Clerk of the Town of Richmond; and
WHEREAS, the Extension is to be an extension of The Shelter Road Water District, and
WHEREAS, attached hereto is a description of the boundaries of the proposed Extension, and
WHEREAS, the improvements proposed for the District will include approximately 36,500 linear feet of 2”, 6" and 12” water mains, valves, hydrants and appurtenances along several roads within the Town of Richmond that are not currently served with public water. The project also involves the construction of a pump station and a 250,000 gallon water storage tank to provide adequate capacity, pressure and fire protection for the project area. A majority of the improvements are to be located along East Lake Road. Other portions of the project are located along the various lake access roads, shared driveways and private right-of-ways along the lake front; and
WHEREAS, the maximum amount proposed to be expended for such improvements within the Town of Richmond is $3,740,350, and
WHEREAS, as part of the project, water services will be provided from the water main to the right-of-way in front of each building. A curb stop and box will be located at the right-of-way to shut off the water service if necessary. Each property owner is responsible for paying the fee associated with the purchase of the water meter and connection to the system and for installation of their own individual water service; and
WHEREAS, it is estimated that the first year costs to the average Shelter Road Water District Extension No. 1 residential user will include:
- 1. Purchase of a Water Meter, $300.00
- 2. Installation of Water Service (based on distance to curb stop box and for purposes of this Notice estimated @ 50lf x $10.00/lf), $500.00
- 3. Internal Plumbing Changes (including the cost of disconnecting an existing well from the house system), $125.00
- 4. Debt Service (Method #2 as described below), $784.73
- 5. Purchase of Water (60,000 gal./yr.), $298
The above estimated first year costs to total approximately $2,007.73; and
WHEREAS the estimated annual costs for the average Shelter Road Water District Extension No. 1 residential user after the first year is: Debt Service (Method #2) of $784.73 and Purchase of Water (60,000gal./yr.) $298.00, for a total of $1,082.73.
WHEREAS, there are two proposed methods of funding the proposed Extension:
Method #1 includes a low interest (4.25% for 38 years) loan from the USDA Rural Development. Based on the median household income of the Town of Richmond, the likelihood of this method is doubtful. However, $3,740,350 being financed at 4.25% for 38 years with an annual debt service of $200,117 divided among 365 Equivalent Dwelling Units (EDU’s) results in an annual debt service cost per parcel of $548.27.
Method #2 involves securing commercial financing through municipal bonds. The current interest rates are 5% - 6%. Using 6.5% for conservative measures, $3,740,350 financed for 30 years at 6.5% results in annual debt service of $286,426 being divided among 365 EDU’s for an annual debt service cost per parcel of $784.73; and
WHEREAS, there has been prepared and filed with the Town Clerk, as part of the map, plans and report prepared by Chatfield Engineers, a detailed explanation of how the estimated hook-up fees and the costs of the district to the typical property and typical one or two family home were computed, and
WHEREAS, the aforesaid map, plans, reports and cost explanation are available for public inspection in the office of the Town Clerk during business hours and are also available for inspection on the Town Website, www.townofrichmond.org, and
WHEREAS, the Town Board of the Town of Richmond is desirous of calling and holding a public hearing upon the question of establishing The Shelter Road Water District Extension No. 1 in the manner set forth above pursuant to Town Law.
It is therefore hereby
1) A special meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Richmond, Ontario County, New York shall be held at Town Hall, 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, New York 14471 on November 1, 2011 at 7:00 o’clock P.M. for the purpose of conducting a public hearing to consider establishing The Shelter Road Water District Extension #1 as described above and to consider the map, plans, report and cost estimates filed with the Town Clerk as aforesaid and to hear all persons interested in such matter and to take such other action on the part of the Town Board as may be required by law or shall be proper under the circumstances; and
2) The Town Clerk of the Town of Richmond is directed to cause a copy of this Order to be published at least once in the official newspaper of the Town, said publication to be not less than 10 nor more than 20 days prior to the date set for the public hearing and said Town Clerk shall also post a copy of the Order on the sign board of the Town and shall also cause a copy of this Order to be published on the Town Website; and
3) This Order shall take effect immediately.
The question of the adoption of the foregoing was duly put to a roll call vote which resulted as follows:
Councilman Hubble voting Aye
Councilman Barnhoorn voting Aye
Councilman Gendreau voting Aye
Councilman Chrisman voting Aye
Supervisor Angelo voting Aye
The Order was thereupon declared duly adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Richmond.
Dated: October 18, 2011 ______________________
Linda Grace, Town Clerk